Adapted from Busy Cooks website, http://busycooks.about.com
This flavorful side dish recipe is served at room temperature. The combination of textures, flavors, and colors is superb.
|1 and ½ cups NOW Real Food® Organic Whole Wheat Couscous*|
|1 and ½ cups boiling water|
|1/3 cup plain yogurt|
|2 Tbsp Ellyndale Organics™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil*|
|1/2 tsp. salt|
|1 tsp. curry powder|
|1/4 tsp. pepper|
|1/4 tsp. ground ginger|
|1/2 cup grated carrots|
|1/4 cup dried currants|
|1/4 cup diced red onion|
|1/4 cup golden raisins|
- Place couscous in large bowl and pour boiling water over; cover and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl combine yogurt, olive oil, and the spices and seasonings and blend well.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork and pour the yogurt mixture over.
- Add all remaining ingredients and toss to blend.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator.
*NOW items available at your local health food store