Black Beans with Rice
From Sharon Wong
Makes 4 servings
|1 cup Brown Rice|
|1 can 16oz. diced tomatoes drained|
|1 can 16oz black beans, rinsed and drained|
|1 can 4oz chopped green chile peppers, drained|
|1 garlic clove, minced|
|1/2 tsp. ground cumin|
|1/2 tsp. ground pepper|
|1 cup, 4oz. shredded cheddar cheese|
|1/4 cup sour cream (to taste)|
|1/4 cup salsa 9 (to taste)|
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Lightly oil 2-quart baking dish.
- Cook rice according to instructions.
- When complete add beans, tomatoes, peppers, garlic, cumin, and pepper and mix.
- Spoon into baking dish, and top with cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes. or until bubbly and serve with sour cream and salsa.