Oven Fried Vegetables
Authored By: Polly Pitchford, Full Spectrum Health™; Republished with permission from the Living Naturally & Fruitful Yield Vitamin Stores website
Low fat and vegetarian. No need for the mess or calories of deep fat frying with these tasty vegetables.
|1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs|
|1 tablespoon parmesan cheese|
|1/8 teaspoon paprika|
|2/3 cup of 1/4" sliced mushrooms|
|2 tablespoons Italian salad dressing|
|2/3 cup 1/4" thick sliced onion rings|
|2/3 cup 1/4" thick sliced cauliflower|
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking oil spray; set aside.
- Stir together breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese and paprika in a 9" pie plate until well mixed.
- Place vegetables in a medium bowl.
- Drizzle salad dressing over vegetables and toss till coated.
- Roll vegetables in crumb mixture till coated.
- Place the coated vegetables in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden.
Total Fat: 6 g
Cholesterol: 1 mg
Carbohydrates: 9 g
Sodium: 340 mg
Protein: 2 g
Rate This Recipe