Oven French Fries
|4 large russet potatoes|
|Olive oil, to lightly cover|
|Sprinkle Sea salt, to taste|
- Wash and scrub potatoes if you would like to leave the skin on, or peel and rinse if you would like them without skin.
- Fill 2 large bowls with cold water.
- Slice the potatoes about 1/4" thick the long way and then cut the slices into 1/4" sticks.
- Put the cut potatoes in the water immediately. They should be completely submerged.
- Drain the potatoes and rinse once more with additional water.
- Using a dishtowel, pat the potatoes dry.
- Dry the bowls and return the potatoes to them.
- Drizzle oil over the potatoes and use your hand to stir them around and coat them completely. It helps if all of the pieces are lined up in the same direction. You only need enough oil to coat each piece with little or no extra left over.
- Arrange the pieces onto two large cookie sheets. Put one pan on the top rack towards the right side of the oven and the other pan on the bottom rack towards the left.
- Cook for 50 min-1 hour at 425 degrees. After 25-30 minutes turn the fries over and switch the pans around.
- Eat immediately with salt, to taste.