From NOW employee, Rosemary Nisbet
|2 Tbsp Ellyndale Foods™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil*|
|Sprig of fresh thyme|
|1 bay leaf|
|2 or 3 cloves garlic, sliced|
|3 Yukon Gold potatoes, cubed (about 12 oz.)|
|1 quart chicken broth|
|Pinch of saffron|
|Pinch of cayenne powder, or to taste|
|2 large leeks, sliced (use only white and light green parts)|
|1 large onion, chopped|
- Melt butter in large pot along with the olive oil.
- Sauté leeks and onions until soft; about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, potatoes, saffron, cayenne powder, thyme and bay leaf, then cook until potatoes are tender; about 15 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf and thyme sprig.
- Remove about 2 cups of mixture, put into blender or processor and puree.
- Pour into a bowl and remove about 1 more cup and process, leaving some potatoes in the pot.
- Pour the pureed mixture back into pot, stir and serve with a little chopped parsley on top of each bowl.
*NOW items available at your local health food store