Quinoa with Spinach and Mushrooms
|2 tablespoons Ellyndale Organics™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil*|
|1 cup onion, diced|
|2 cups mushrooms, sliced|
|1/2 cup white wine|
|1 tsp. dried sage|
|1/2 tsp. dried thyme|
|1 1/2 cup NOW Organic Quinoa Grain*, rinsed|
|2 cups vegetable stock|
|1 lb. fresh spinach, chopped|
|1/4 cup NOW Organic Pine Nuts*|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
*NOW products available at your local health food store
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet, and add the chopped mushrooms and onions: Sauté over high heat until tender, then stir in the wine, sage and thyme.
2. Let the wine cook down until it’s totally absorbed; then add in the quinoa and broth.
3. Reduce the heat to low, and cover for 20-25 minutes, or until the quinoa is translucent and tender. If you like your risotto a little moister, add about 1/2 cup more water, 1/4 cup at a time, at this point.
4. Add pine nuts.
5. Season with nutritional yeast, salt and pepper to taste.
6. Once the risotto is seasoned to your liking, add the fresh spinach. The spinach should wilt quickly while stirring it into the hot pan.
7. Serve immediately.