Enticing Asian Quinoa
This recipe uses sugar snap peas, ginger root and sesame oil for an Asian flair.
Cook’s Review: This tasty recipe can be customized to include your favorite veggies. ~ Melanie R.
Makes 4 servings
|2 cups water|
|1 cup NOW Organic Quinoa Grain*, rinsed and drained|
|3 Tablespoons NOW Extra-Virgin Olive Oil*|
|1 medium yellow onion, diced|
|2 cups shredded Brussels sprouts|
|1 cup sugar snap peas, halved|
|1 cup shredded carrots|
|1 2” piece ginger root, minced|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|½ teaspoon rosemary, crushed|
|½ teaspoon thyme|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|½ cup frozen peas|
|1/8 cup NOW Extra Virgin Olive Oil*|
|½ teaspoon sesame oil, divided|
*NOW products available at your local health food store
- Bring two cups water to a boil and add in quinoa.
- Simmer, covered until all the water evaporates, about 15 min. Quinoa should be light and fluffy.
- Remove quinoa from heat and cool in a large bowl.
- Over medium heat, warm large skillet and coat with olive oil.
- Sauté onions until slightly clear.
- Add in shredded Brussels sprouts, sugar snap peas, shredded carrots, ginger root, garlic, rosemary, thyme, and salt.
- Sauté 5-7 minutes until veggies are crisp-tender, stirring frequently.
- Add frozen peas and heat and stir for another 90 seconds.
- Mix the 1/8 cup of olive oil and ¼ tsp of sesame oil into the quinoa.
- Fold in the veggie mixture from the skillet.
- Add another ¼ tsp of sesame oil and stir gently to mix.
- Serve warm or chilled.