Couscous with Parsley and Raisins
This versatile side dish will complement chicken or fish.
Makes 6 servings
|2 tablespoons NOW Hulled Sesame Seeds*|
|1 tablespoon butter|
|1 small onion, finely diced|
|2 1/2 cups chicken stock or vegetable stock|
|2 cups couscous|
|1/4 cup Ellyndale Organics™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil*|
|Juice of 1 lemon|
|1/4 cup golden raisins|
|1 1/2 cups flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped. You may substitute or add mint or cilantro.|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
*NOW products available at your local health food store
1. Place sesame seeds in small baking dish.
2. Bake in preheated 400° F oven until lightly golden, watching carefully so they don't burn (about 5 minutes). Or cook carefully on a skillet.
3. In small skillet, on medium-high heat, melt butter.
4. Add onion. Cook, stirring, until lightly browned (about 7 minutes).
5. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring stock to boil over high heat.
6. Remove from heat. Add couscous; stir.
7. Cover; let stand 15 minutes.
8. Fluff with fork.
9. Toss with oil and lemon juice.
10. Add sesame seeds, onions, raisins and parsley.
11. Toss gently.
12. Season with salt and pepper.