Sweet Brussels Sprouts with Pumpkin Seeds
Pumpkin seeds give this healthy recipe added nutrition and texture.
Makes 6-8 servings
|2 lbs. Brussels sprouts|
|2 Tbsp. Ellyndale Organics™ Extra-Virgin Olive Oil*|
|½ tsp. sea salt|
|1/3 tsp. black pepper|
|1 ½ Tbsp. NOW Organic Amber Agave Nectar*|
|½ cup NOW Raw Unsalted Pumpkin Seeds*|
|½ cup chopped shallots|
*NOW products available at your local health food store
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Peel off any yellow or wilted leaves from the outside of Brussels sprouts and trim bottoms.
- Cut in half any that are larger than the size of a walnut.
- Place on a rimmed baking sheet, drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Toss until coated.
- Roast, stirring once or twice, until sprouts are browned and tender when pierced at the base with a paring knife, about 25-30 minutes.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and toss with pumpkin seeds and shallots.
- Roast 5 more minutes until pumpkin seeds are just toasted.