Shredded Brussels Sprouts with Apples and Pecans
Adapted from “The Veggie Cook” column in the Chicago Tribune, October 24, 2012
Cook’s Review: “This recipe is very easy to make. Just chop, sauté, and enjoy!” ~ Lynn R.
Makes 4 servings
|2 Tablespoons Ellyndale Organics™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil*|
|1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, cut lengthwise, cored, thinly sliced lengthwise|
|1/2 teaspoon sea salt|
|1 large tart apple, cored, cubed (leave peel on)|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 Tablespoon NOW Organic Maple Syrup*|
|1/3 cup NOW Raw Pecans*, chopped|
|Juice of half a lemon|
|Freshly ground pepper, to taste|
*NOW Items available at your local health food store
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the Brussels sprouts and salt.
- Cook, stirring, 7 minutes.
- Add the apples, garlic and maple syrup; cook until the apples are just heated through, 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat; stir in the pecans, lemon juice and pepper, to taste.
Calories from Fat: 14 g
Total Fat:1.6 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 389 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 28 g
Dietary Fiber: 8 g
Protein: 6 g