Brown Rice Pilaf with Sage, Walnuts, and Dried Fruit
Adapted from Taste for Life magazine
|1 medium onion, chopped|
|1 medium stalk celery, ends trimmed and chopped|
|2 c uncooked brown rice|
|2 1/2 cups water|
|2 c fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth|
|1/4 cup dark raisins|
|1/4 cup chopped NOW Real Food® Organic Unsweetened Dried Apricots*|
|1/4 cup chopped NOW Real Food® Walnuts*|
|1 tsp dried sage|
|2 Tbsp chopped fresh sage|
- Spray large skillet with canola oil cooking spray.
- Heat skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté onion and celery until tender; about 5 minutes.
- Add brown rice and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add water, broth, raisins, and apricots; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed; about 50 minutes.
- Stir in walnuts, dried sage, salt, and pepper.
- Transfer to serving dish.
- Garnish with fresh sage and serve immediately.
*NOW items available at your local health food store
Rate This Recipe