Quinoa with Dried Fruit and Yogurt
Adapted from the Chicago Tribune, February 25, 2012
For a heartier version of this dish, add a cup of shrimp or chicken along with the yogurt.
|1 Tbsp. Ellyndale Organics™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil*|
|1 small onion, finely chopped|
|1 to 2 tsp. NOW Real Food® Crystallized Ginger Dices*|
|1 1/2 tsp. curry powder|
|1 1/4 cups water|
|1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon|
|1/2 tsp. salt|
|1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes|
|1 cup rinsed and drained NOW Real Food® Organic Quinoa*|
|1 cup NOW Real Food® Tropical Fruit Dices*|
|1/2 cup plain yogurt, at room temperature|
|1/2 cup salted peanuts or NOW Real Food® Salted Cashews*|
|Chopped fresh cilantro leaves|
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat; add onion and ginger and cook until onion is softened; 5 minutes.
- Add curry powder; cook 1 minute.
- Add water, cinnamon, salt and red pepper flakes.
- Cover and heat to a boil.
- Add quinoa and fruit; stir to mix.
- Cover and lower heat to a simmer; cook 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand, covered, 5 minutes.
- Stir in yogurt.
- Sprinkle with cashews or peanuts and cilantro.
15 g fat (3 g saturated fat)
3 mg cholesterol
72 g carbohydrates
12 g protein
430 mg sodium
6 g fiber
*NOW items available at your local health food store