Quinoa and Sweet Potato Cakes
Adapted from Whole Foods Market recipes
These flavorful cakes make a unique appetizer or side dish. Try pairing them with vegetable soup or salad for a hearty meal.
|1/2 cup NOW Real Food® Organic Quinoa Grain*|
|1/2 cup lentils|
|1 red bell pepper, finely chopped|
|3 tablespoons diced red onion|
|2 tablespoons salt-free seasoning|
|1 tablespoon chili powder|
|1/2 teaspoon sea salt|
|Pinch ground black pepper|
|1 cup mashed cooked sweet potato, more if needed|
|Salsa or other condiments of your choice|
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook quinoa and lentils separately according to package instructions.
- Drain lentils well.
- In a medium bowl, mix together quinoa, lentils, red pepper, onion, seasoning, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Add sweet potato and combine using hands until mixture sticks together easily. If mixture is not sticking together, add more cooked sweet potato until desired consistency is reached.
- Form the mixture into four (4-inch) patties and arrange on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 10 minutes; flip and continue baking 10 to 12 minutes more until edges are dry and patties are heated through.
- Serve with your favorite condiments.
230 calories (20 from fat)
2.5 g total fat
0 g saturated fat
0 mg cholesterol
360 mg sodium
44 g total carbohydrate (8 g dietary fiber, 8 g sugar)
10 g protein
*NOW items available at your local health food store