Coconut Oil Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Adapted from the New York Times, Recipes, March 1, 2011
The coconut oil enhances the caramelized flavor of these roasted sweet potatoes.
|1 1/2 tablespoons NOW Real Food® Virgin Coconut Oil*|
|1 3/4 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks|
|2 teaspoons light brown sugar, packed|
|3/4 teaspoon kosher salt|
|1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper|
|1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg|
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat.
- In a large bowl, toss together potatoes, coconut oil, sugar, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Spread the potatoes in an even layer on a large baking sheet.
- Roast, tossing occasionally, until soft and caramelized, about 1 hour.
* NOW items available at your local health food store
Rate This Recipe