Coconut-Cardamom Sweet Potatoes
Adapted from “Clean Eating” magazine
Makes 10 servings
|5 medium sweet potatoes (3 1/2 to 4 lbs), peeled and cut into 3/4-inch pieces|
|3/4 cup light coconut milk|
|2 tsp cardamom, ground|
|1 tsp NOW Real Food® Vanilla Extract*|
|1/2 tsp sea salt|
|1/8 tsp fresh ground black pepper|
|1/8 tsp cayenne pepper|
|1/3 cup chopped NOW Real Food® Raw Pecan Halves*|
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat.
- Add sweet potatoes, return to boiling and cook until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Drain and transfer potatoes to the bowl of a stand mixer (or use a large bowl and a hand-held electric mixer).
- Add coconut milk, cardamom, vanilla, salt, black pepper and cayenne to potatoes.
- Mix on medium speed until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl once or twice.
- Transfer to a 9 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle pecans evenly over sweet potato mixture.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until edges are slightly browned.
- Cool on a rack for 10 minutes and serve.
Per 1/2-cup serving:
Total Fat: 3.5 g
Sat. Fat: 1 g
Carbs: 15 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sugars: 5 g
Protein: 2 g
Sodium: 120 mg
Cholesterol: 0 mg
*NOW items available at your local health food store
Rate This Recipe