Nutty Lemon Couscous
Adapted from the Chicago Tribune, December 30, 2009
|1/2 cup chopped NOW Real Food® Almonds*|
|2 Tbsp. NOW Real Food® Sesame Seeds*|
|2 Tbsp. butter|
|2 cups low-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth|
|1/2 tsp. salt|
|10 oz. couscous|
|Rind of 1 lemon, finely grated|
- Combine almonds, sesame seeds and butter in a skillet; heat over medium heat, stirring, until almonds are golden; about three minutes. Remove from heat.
- Heat broth and salt to boil in a large saucepan.
- Stir in couscous and lemon rind.
- Cover and let stand until broth is absorbed; about 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork; stir in toasted nuts.
11 g fat
3 g saturated fat
10 mg cholesterol
40 g carbohydrates
10 g protein
225 mg sodium
4 g fiber
*NOW items available at your local health food store
Rate This Recipe