Sautéed Crimini Mushrooms
Adapted from a recipe submitted by Dennis W. Rowley CPT, CN, ABSolutions Fitness, LLC
Enjoy this easy-to-prepare recipe that complements many of your favorite dishes and is a great addition to any healthy eating plan. You will also be enjoying a rich source of health-promoting selenium, vitamin B12, and copper along with the great flavor of crimini mushrooms.
|1 lb. medium crimini mushrooms, sliced|
|3 Tbsp. low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth|
|3 Tbsp. Ellyndale Organics™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil*|
|1 tsp. lemon juice|
|2 medium cloves garlic|
|2 Tbsp. fresh rosemary (optional)|
|Few drops of tamari soy sauce (optional)|
|Sea salt and pepper to taste|
- Chop or press garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to enhance its health-promoting properties.
- Heat 3 Tbsp. broth over medium heat in a stainless steel skillet.
- When broth begins to steam, add the sliced mushrooms and sauté for 3 minutes. They will release liquid as they cook. As crimini mushrooms are not as watery as other button mushrooms, it is best to stir constantly for the last 4 minutes. The liquid will evaporate, and the mushrooms will become golden brown but not burned.
- Transfer to a bowl. For more flavor, toss crimini mushrooms with the Mediterranean dressing ingredients (and any of the optional ingredients you would like to add) while they are still hot. The dressing does not need to be made separately.
- Serve with sautéed onions, green peas, or almost any of your favorite vegetables.
*NOW ingredients available at your local health food store