Quinoa with Feta, Swiss Chard, and Black Olives
Adapted from Alternative Medicine Magazine, October 2006
Protein-packed quinoa is a great choice for anyone wanting to add protein to their diet without the fat found in meat.
|1 1/2 cups NOW Real Food® Organic Quinoa*|
|1/2 tsp. salt|
|1 Tbsp. NOW Real Food® Extra Virgin Olive Oil*|
|1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced|
|1 large bunch Swiss chard, stems and ribs removed, leaves coarsely chopped|
|2 garlic cloves, minced|
|1/2 cup coarsely chopped Moroccan black olives|
|1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese|
|Salt and pepper to taste|
- Place quinoa in a strainer and rinse with cold water until water runs clear; drain.
- Combine quinoa, 2 cups water, and salt in a heavy, medium-sized saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer until quinoa is just tender and water is absorbed (about 20 minutes).
- While quinoa is cooking, heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Saute onions for 1 to 2 minutes, until just tender.
- Stir in chard and garlic, and toss to coat with oil Cook for 4 to 6 minutes until chard is tender.
- Stir in olives and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Remove from heat and stir in quinoa, mixing until combined well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese and serve immediately.
13 g Protein
51 g Carbohydrate
16 g Total Fat
4 g Saturated Fat
17 mg Cholesterol
5 g F iber
*NOW items available at your local health food store
Rate This Recipe