Citrus Couscous Salad
Adapted from Cooking Light, March 2003
|1/2 cup water|
|2 cups fresh orange juice, divided|
|1 tsp. salt|
|1 2/3 cups uncooked NOW Real Food® Organic Whole Wheat Couscous*|
|1/2 cup NOW Real Food® Dried Apricots*|
|1/2 cup dried currants|
|2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar|
|1 cup chopped seeded cucumber|
|3/4 cup chopped green onion|
|1/2 cup coarsely chopped pistachios|
|1/4 cup chopped fresh mint|
|1/4 cup fresh lemon juice|
|2 Tbsp. NOW Real Food® Extra Virgin Olive Oil*|
- Bring 1 1/2 cups orange juice, water, and salt to a boil in a medium saucepan; gradually stir in couscous. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork.
- Place couscous in a large bowl.
- Combine 1/2 cup orange juice, apricots, currants, and vinegar in a small saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and let stand 15 minutes. Drain and discard cooking liquid.
- Add apricot mixture, cucumber, and remaining ingredients to couscous, tossing to combine.
Serving size: 1 cup
Fat: 7.4 g
Protein: 7.7 g
Cholesterol: 0 g
Calcium: 43 mg
Sodium: 302 mg
Fiber: 5 g
Carbohydrate: 51.4 g
*NOW items available at your local health food store