Black Bean and Couscous Salad
Adapted from www.allrecipes.com/recipe
|1 cup uncooked Organic Whole Wheat Couscous|
|1 1/4 cups chicken broth|
|3 Tbsp. Ellyndale Organics™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil*|
|2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice|
|1 tsp. red wine vinegar|
|1/2 tsp. ground cumin|
|8 green onions, chopped|
|1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped|
|1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro|
|1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed|
|2 (15-oz.) cans black beans, drained|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in a 2-quart or larger sauce and stir in the couscous, then cover the pot and remove from heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, vinegar and cumin, then add green onions, red pepper, cilantro, corn and beans and toss to coat.
- Fluff the couscous well, breaking up any chunks.
- Add vegetables to the bowl and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutrition info per serving:
Total Fat: 6.3 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 566 mg
Carbohydrate: 41.1 g
Fiber: 9.6 g
Protein: 10.5 g
*NOW items available at your local health food store