Veggie & Couscous Salad
Adapted from Taste for Life magazine, July, 2007
|1 small shallot, chopped|
|3 Tbsp. Ellyndale Organics™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil*|
|1 cup broccoli florets|
|1 cup red bell pepper, chopped|
|1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained|
|1/4 cup raisins|
|1 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable or chicken stock|
|1/2 tsp. salt|
|1 cup NOW Real Food® Organic Whole Wheat Couscous*|
|3 Tbsp. lemon juice|
- In a 2-quart pot with a tight-fitting lid, heat oil.
- Stirring frequently, sauté shallot, broccoli, and bell pepper over high heat until they’re softened; about 5 minutes.
- Add beans, raisins, stock, and salt.
- Cover and bring to a boil, then immediately stir in couscous.
- Remove pot from heat and cover tightly for 5 minutes.
- Uncover and fluff the mixture with a fork.
- Toss with lemon juice, transfer to a portable container, and chill.
8 g Protein
36 g Carbohydrates
5 g Fiber
8 g Total Fat
303 mg Sodium
*NOW items available at your local health food store