Quinoa Salad with Almonds, Feta and Summer Vegetables
Adapted from Almonds are In, www.almondsarein.com
This salad provides colorful Mediterranean flavors any time of year.
|1 cup NOW Real Food® Organic Quinoa*|
|2 cups low-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth|
|3 ounces cubed feta cheese|
|1/2 cup NOW Real Food® Almonds*|
|1/2 pint grape tomatoes, halved|
|1 small red bell pepper, seeded and diced|
|1 small zucchini, trimmed and diced|
|2 scallions, diced|
|Basil-Chive Vinaigrette (recipe below)|
|2 tablespoons white wine vinegar|
|Juice of 1/2 lime|
|1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon NOW Real Food® Extra Virgin Olive Oil*|
|2 tablespoon minced fresh chives|
|1 tablespoon minced fresh basil|
|Salt and pepper|
- Place quinoa in a medium pot and rinse with water.
- Strain out water; add broth and turn heat to high.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer uncovered until liquid is absorbed; about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make dressing by combing vinegar and lime juice in a small bowl.
- Gradually whisk in olive oil until mixture is smooth and uniform.
- Stir in chives and basil, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- After quinoa is cool, toss gently with feta, almonds, vegetables and vinaigrette.
Fat: 20 g
Saturated Fat: 4.3 g
Monounsaturated Fat: 12.1 g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.9 g
Carbohydrates: 25 g
Protein: 9 g
Cholesterol: 13 mg
Fiber: 3 g
Calcium: 116 mg
Magnesium: 91 mg
Sodium: 218 mg
Potassium: 451 mg
Vitamin E: 4 mg
*NOW items available at your local health food store
Rate This Recipe