Adapted from the California Nut Festival Official Cookbook, Chico, California, 2007
|1/2 cup Currants|
|1 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable broth|
|2 Tablespoons Ellyndale Organics™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil*|
|1 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Couscous|
|3 Tablespoons lemon juice|
|2 pinches cinnamon|
|6 Tablespoons Ellyndale Organics™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil*|
|1/2 cup diced scallions or green onions|
|1/2 cup NOW Real Food® Roasted and Salted Almonds*|
|2 Tablespoons parsley|
- In a small bowl, cover currants with hot water; let stand and plump for 15 minutes.
- Heat the chicken broth and 2 Tablespoons of olive oil.
- Stir in couscous.
- Remove from heat and let stand covered for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make dressing with lemon juice, cinnamon and 6 Tablespoons of olive oil.
- When couscous is done, transfer to a bowl and break up lumps with fork.
- Drain currants and add to couscous.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Serve warm or cold.
*NOW items available at your local health food store