Fig & Wild Rice Chicken Salad
From Valley Fig Growers. View other delicious fig recipes on their website at www.valleyfig.com.
Figs are rich in complex carbohydrates and dietary fiber and a wealth of essential minerals, such as calcium, potassium, and iron.
|½ cup brown rice|
|¾ cup plain non-fat yogurt|
|½ cup sliced green onion|
|3 Tbsp. Ellyndale Organics™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil*|
|1 and ½ to 2 Tbsp. lemon juice|
|1 tsp. salt|
|¼ tsp. grated lemon peel|
|2 cups shredded cooked chicken|
|½ cup chopped NOW Real Food® Pecans*|
|8 oz dried figs|
- In medium saucepan, bring 2 and ¼ cups water to a boil, then add brown and wild rice. Cover and reduce heat to low; cook 55 minutes until water is absorbed and rice is done. Cool.
- Remove stems from figs and quarter.
- In large blow combine yogurt, green onion, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and lemon peel.
- Stir in rice, chicken, pecans and figs.
- Refrigerate until serving.
*NOW items available at your local health food store