From NOW employee, Sherri Janes
|2 cups spring or filtered water|
|3 or 4 fresh organic basil leaves, minced|
|Organic soy sauce|
|2 Tbs. Ellyndale Organics3 Extra Virgin Olive Oil*|
|1 organic cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced|
|1-2 organic celery stalks, diced|
|Juice of 1 organic lemon|
|Juice of 1 organic orange 7 or 8 fresh organic mint leaves, minced|
|1 cup organic corn kernels,|
|1 cup organic green peas, fresh|
|1 cup organic quinoa|
|Pinch of sea salt|
- Bring water and sea salt to a boil over medium heat, then add quinoa and bring back to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer about 39 minutes, or until all the liquid is absorbed and the quinoa is fluffy.
- Meanwhile, bring water to a boil in another pot over high heat, then add corn and boil 2 minutes.
- Remove corn with a slotted spoon and cool in iced water; drain and set aside.
- Add peas to boiling water and boil for 30 seconds, then drain and cool in iced water; drain again and set aside.
- Toss the quinoa with corn, peas, cucumber and celery in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon and orange juice.
- Add mint, basil and soy sauce to taste.
- Add olive oil.
- Pour dressing over hot quinoa mixture and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.
8 g Protein
38 g Carbs
5 g fiber
8 g fat.
*NOW items available at your local health food store