Fiesta Macaroni Salad
Republished with permission from, Natural Health and Alternative Medicine Newsletter, March 26, 2004
|4 cups uncooked macaroni|
|2 1/2 cups chopped and seeded tomatoes|
|1 cup finely chopped red onion|
|1 cup finely chopped cucumber|
|1/2 cup finely chopped celery|
|1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper|
|1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper|
|3 tablespoons cider vinegar|
|2 tablespoons finely chopped black olives|
|1 bay leaf|
|1 teaspoon dried parsley|
|1/2 teaspoon dried thyme|
|1 clove garlic, minced|
|3-4 dashes hot sauce|
|1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper|
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain and rinse well under cold water until pasta is cooled.
- Combine pasta and remaining ingredients in medium bowl and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate 4 hours.
- Remove bayleaf, mix well and serve.
Serving Size: 6 ounces
Nutrients per serving:
Total fat: 2 grams
Saturated fat: less than 1 gram
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 114 mg
Carbohydrate: 27 grams
Protein: 5 grams
Dietary fiber: 3 grams