Peach and Walnut Barley Salad
Adapted from Clean Eating Magazine
This easy-to-make barley salad is rich in whole grains, fiber, and protein.
Cook’s Review: “This was very easy to make. I used shredded Swiss chard and kale instead of parsley.” ~ Sarah W.
Makes 4 servings (1 cup each)
|1 cup quick-cooking barley|
|1 cup parsley leaves, finely chopped|
|1/4 cup NOW Real Food™ Certified Organic Walnuts*, chopped|
|1 peach, peeled, pitted and iced (1/2 cup)|
|1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced|
|1 tbsp Ellyndale Orgaincs™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|2 tbsp fresh lime juice|
|1/4 cup 100% orange juice|
|1/4 tsp sea salt|
|1/4 cup low-fat feta cheese|
- Cook barley according to package directions, omitting salt.
- Drain barley and toss with parsley, walnuts, peach and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, blend oil, lime juice, orange juice, and salt.
- Pour over barley mixture and toss together.
- Crumble feta over top and serve.
Total Fat: 10g
Saturated Fat: 2g
Total Carbohydrates: 48g
Dietary Fiber: 10g