Caramelized Apricot with Pickled Beets and Goat Cheese Salad
|2 Apricots quartered|
|1 bushel of Romaine Lettuce (rinsed)|
|4 T Goat Cheese|
|1 t Kosher Salt|
|1 Cucumber small dice|
|1/2 cup NOW Natural Almonds*, chopped|
|3 tsp. Ellyndale Organics™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil*|
|Juice of 1/2 lemon|
|4 T balsamic vinegar|
*NOW items available at your local health food store
1) Peel Beets and dice into small cubes.
2) Place into a bowl with the juice of ½ lemon and 1 t kosher salt.
3) In a sauté pan place 2 t of Now Certified Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
4) Place Quartered Apricots in pan with skin side up
5) Allow the Apricots to caramelize on medium low heat for 5 minutes
6) In a separate pan place 1/2 cup of Now Natural Almonds on low heat and toast for 3 minutes.
7) Cut Romaine Lettuce into 1 inch pieces and place into a bowl
8) Add pickled beets, caramelized apricots, cucumbers, and 1 cup of toasted Almonds.
9) Pour 4 T of Balsamic Vinegar around the inner edge of the bowl and mix evenly.
10) Sprinkle in Goat Cheese and serve.