Quinoa and Parsley Salad
Adapted from Cooking Light, December 2010
Makes 4 servings, about 2/3 cup each
Cook’s Review: “This was light, healthy, and very tasty. The lemon and honey dressing brought out the flavors.” ~Sarah W.
|1 cup water|
|1/2 cup NOW Organic Quinoa Grain, uncooked|
|3/4 cup fresh parsley leaves|
|1/2 cup thinly sliced celery|
|1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion|
|1/2 cup NOW Dried Apricots, finely chopped|
|3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice|
|1 tablespoon NOW Extra-Virgin Olive Oil|
|1 tablespoon honey|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 teaspoon black pepper|
|1/4 cup NOW Raw Pumpkin Seeds|
*NOW ingredients available at your local health food store
- Bring water and quinoa to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Spoon into a bowl; fluff with a fork.
- Add parsley, celery, onions, and apricots.
- Whisk lemon juice, olive oil, honey, salt, and black pepper.
- Add to quinoa mixture, and toss well.
- Top with pumpkin seeds.
Fat: 8.6 g
Carbohydrates: 35.1 g
Fiber: 3.6 g
Protein, 5.9 g
Rate This Recipe