Roasted Zucchini with Almonds & Olives
Adapted from the Almond Board of California
Roasted zucchini, savory olives, flavorful garlic, sweet basil and NOW natural almonds make this recipe a heart-healthy side dish. It can also be served as an entree atop pasta or rice.
|3 small zucchini, sliced thin|
|2 teaspoons salt|
|2 tablespoons NOW Real Food® Extra Virgin Olive Oil*|
|1 clove garlic, minced|
|2 tablespoons green olives, chopped roughly|
|1/4 cup roughly chopped NOW Real Food® Natural Almonds*|
|2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped roughly|
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Using a vegetable peeler, slice zucchini lengthwise into long, thin strips and put in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add salt and allow zucchini to sit for 5 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients and toss lightly.
- Arrange in a single layer in an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve as a side dish or atop pasta with marinara sauce.
*NOW items available at your local health food store