Quinoa with Lemon and Zucchini
Adapted from www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes
Toss with peeled, cooked shrimp to make a complete meal.
|2 teaspoons NOW Real Food® Extra Virgin Olive Oil*|
|1 medium zucchini, halved and thinly sliced|
|1 1/4 teaspoons fine sea salt, divided|
|1 1/4 cups NOW Real Food® Organic Quinoa*|
|(rinsed for 1 minute under running water)|
|2 1/2 cups water|
|Zest of 1 lemon|
|2 tablespoons lemon juice|
|Lots of chopped fresh dill|
|Crumbled feta cheese (optional)|
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add zucchini and 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring, until zucchini is crisp-tender; about 4 minutes.
- Remove zucchini from the pan and add quinoa, water and remaining 1 teaspoon salt.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer, covered, until quinoa is tender but still chewy and a white spiral-like germ appears around each grain; about 15 minutes.
- Toss quinoa with zucchini, zest, lemon juice and dill.
- Serve warm or room temperature, topped with feta cheese, if you like.
Per serving (about 6 oz):
170 calories (45 from fat)
5 g total fat
1.5 g saturated fat
5 mg cholesterol
570 mg sodium
25 g total carbohydrate (3 g dietary fiber, 1 g sugar)
6 g protein
*NOW items available at your local health food store
Rate This Recipe