Granola Snack Bars
From "Flax Family Favorites Recipes", Flax Council of Canada
The ultimate in snacking treats.
Makes 24 bars
|1/4 cup (50 mL) butter or margarine|
|1 cup (250 mL) rolled oats|
|1 cup (250mL) crushed graham crackers|
|1/2 cup (125 mL)raisins, chopped*|
|1/4 cup (50 mL) raw sunflower seeds, shelled|
|1/2 cup (125 mL) flax seed|
|1/4 cup (50 mL) unsweetened fine coconut|
|*Other dried fruit, such as apricots, can be used.|
|4 cups (1 L) miniature marshmallows|
- In a large saucepan, over low heat, melt butter.
- Add marshmallows, cook, stirring constantly until marshmallows are melted and mixture smooth, then remove from heat.
- Stir in oats, graham crumbs, flax seed, raisins, sunflower seeds and coconut until thoroughly coated.
- Press into a greased 9 x 13 inch (22 x 34 cm) pan with greased fingers. For a thicker bar, press into a 9 x 9 inch (22 x 22 cm) pan.
- Let cool, then cut into 6 rows lengthwise and 4 crosswise.
Rate This Recipe