Kid –Friendly Snack Bars
Makes 15 bars (each bar is 1 serving)
Serving Size: 1 bar
|2 cups NOW Organic Goldenberries* or raisins|
|3/4 cup peanut butter, smooth or crunchy|
|5 Tablespoons NOW Organic Cocoa Powder*|
|1 teaspoon NOW Organic Vanilla Extract*|
|3 cups NOW Organic Quick Cooking Rolled Oats*|
|2 cups NOW Organic Turbinado Sugar*, packed|
|1/2 cup evaporated milk|
|1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter|
*NOW items available at your local health food store.
- Grease a 15½ x 10½ x 1 inch pan with the coconut oil.
- Stir together the goldenberries (or raisins), peanut butter, cocoa powder and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
- Add the rolled oats and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, boil together for one minute the Turbinado sugar, evaporated milk and butter.
- Pour this syrup over the oat mixture and stir until everything is well mixed together.
- Spread out smoothly into the greased pan.
- Refrigerate for one hour; then cut into 15 bars.