Sweet and Spiced Nuts
A handful of these sweet and spicy nuts are a tasty way to get some fiber and heart-healthy fats.
Cook’s Review: “This recipe is so yummy and made the house smell so good!” ~ Natalie S.
|1 1/2 cups assorted NOW nuts of your choice* (|
|1/2 cup NOW Organic Maple Syrup*|
|1 tablespoon butter|
|1 tablespoon ground cinnamon|
|1 tablespoon chili powder|
|1 teaspoon Ellyndale Foods™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil*|
*NOW products available at your local health food store
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Coat a baking sheet with NOW olive oil and bake nuts for 10 minutes; remove to cool slightly.
- Heat NOW maple syrup or NOW amber agave nectar in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly; bring to a low boil, and stir in butter.
- Add nuts, and stir until coated; let cool.
- Combine cinnamon and chili powder (less if you don't want it spicy) in a bowl.
- Remove nuts from the maple mixture with a slotted spoon, and toss in the spice mixture.
- Lay nuts on a baking sheet, and sprinkle with a little sea salt; let dry.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 10 days.