No-Bake Flax Snacks
Adapted from the Howe Seeds website
Makes about 24 1-inch balls.
|¾ cup NOW Golden Flax Seeds, ground* (Note: If you grind ¼ cup of whole flaxseed, it will equal about ½ cup of ground flaxseed.)|
|3 T oat flour|
|1 T ground cinnamon|
|1 tsp sea salt|
|1 tsp ground clove|
|2 Tablespoons peanut butter|
|½ cup NOW Brown Rice Syrup*|
|Powdered sugar (optional)|
*Items available at your local health food store.
1. Combine first five ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
2. Add peanut butter and rice syrup and knead mixture thoroughly by hand.
3. Tear pieces off, and roll them between your hands into 1" balls.
4. Place balls on waxed paper. Dust very lightly with powdered sugar, if desired.
5. Serve immediately, or chill for future use.
Total Fat: 2 g
Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
Sodium: 8 mg
Carbohydrates: 7 g
Fiber: 1 g
Protein 1 g