No-Bake Apple Butter Pecan Balls
Rich in protein, fiber, and complex carbs, these take-along treats are even healthy enough for breakfast.
Makes about 20
|2 cups NOW Real Food® Pecans*|
|1 cup oat flour|
|¼ cup NOW Real Food® Ground Flax Seeds*|
|¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg|
|¼ teaspoon salt|
|2 tablespoons honey or NOW Real Food® Agave Nectar*|
|⅔ cup apple butter|
- Place pecans in a food processor and process until roughly ground.
- Add oat flour, flaxseed, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt; pulse to mix.
- Pulse in agave nectar until finely ground and mixture holds together (be careful not to over-process or mixture will become too pasty).
- Remove ⅓ cup and set aside.
- Stir apple butter into remainder.
- Roll into walnut-size balls and roll in reserved nut mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate 1-2 hours.
- Serve chilled.
111 cal (63% fat cal)
8g total fat
1g sat fat
*NOW items available at your local health food store