Chocolate Pumpkin Protein Bars (Vegan)
Adapted from Healthy Snacks
This vegan snack is a tasty, filling treat to enjoy mid-morning.
Makes 8 bars
|1/4 cup whole wheat flour|
|1/4 cup protein powder|
|2 cups NOW Real Food® Rolled Oats*|
|1 teaspoon baking powder|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 cup peanut butter + 1 Tablespoon NOW Real Food® Cocoa Powder*|
|1/4 cup NOW Real Food® Agave Nectar*|
|1/4 cup canned pumpkin|
|1/4 cup NOW Real Food® Turbinado Sugar*|
|2 Tablespoons NOW Real Food® Raw Pumpkin Seeds*|
|3 Tablespoons prunes, chopped|
- Preheat oven to 350˚ and coat a 9″ x 12″ pan (or whatever you’ve got) with cooking spray.
- Combine first five ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix agave, pumpkin, and sugar.
- Stir in peanut butter and mix well.
- Add wet to dry and stir until well combined.
- Stir in chopped prunes and pumpkin seeds.
- Evenly press batter into pan. This will require a bit of work; as the batter is on the dry side; you’ll have to redistribute it so the bars will cook evenly.
- Bake for 15 minutes and NO LONGER.
- Allow to cool, then cut into 8 bars. Enjoy!
*NOW items available at your local health food store
Rate This Recipe