Walnut Brownie Energy Bites
Adapted from Delicious Living Magazine
This recipe includes “good-fat” almonds, antioxidant-laden cacao, and fiber-rich Medjool dates. These energy bites can be kept at room temp for a couple of days or at least a week refrigerated.
|1 cup raw almond meal|
|1/2 cup NOW Real Food® Organic Cocoa Powder*|
|1/8 teaspoon sea salt|
|1/2 cup pitted Medjool dates, packed|
|2 tablespoons honey|
|1/4 cup crushed NOW Real Food® Raw Walnuts*|
Prep tip: Keep batter from sticking to your hands by lightly coating them with coconut oil, olive oil, or even water.
- Place almond meal, cocoa powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl, and mix well.
- Add dates and honey, and mix well.
- Add crushed walnuts and mix.
- Line a loaf or square pan with parchment paper or plastic wrap.
- Press mixture into bottom of pan.
- Enjoy immediately, or chill for a firmer texture.
109 cal (49% fat cal)
7 g total fat
1 g sat fat
0 mg cholesterol
3 g protein
13 g carbohydrates
3 g fiber
28 mg sodium
*NOW items available at your local health food store
Rate This Recipe