Healthy Protein Bars
Reprinted with permission from Dennis Rowley, ABSolutions Fitness, www.absolutionsfitness.com/about.html
|1 Jar (16 oz.) organic peanut butter|
|1 cup of honey or NOW Real Food® Organic Maple Syrup*|
|1/2 cup of NOW Real Food® Organic Flax Seeds*|
|1 cup NOW Real Food® Almonds*|
|1 cup NOW Real Food® Walnuts*|
|1 cup NOW Real Food® Sunflower Seeds*|
|1 cup NOW Real Food® Pumpkin Seeds*|
|3 cups NOW Real Food® Rolled Oats*|
|2 cups + 2 Tbsp. NOW® Vanilla Whey Protein Isolate*|
- Grind all the nuts, seeds and oats--one cup at a time--in food processor or Vitamix blender. You can grind to a powder or, if you like a crunchy texture, stop short of the powder.
- By hand, thoroughly mix the ground nuts, seeds, and oats with the peanut butter, maple syrup (or honey) and 2 cups of whey protein.
- Lightly coat the bottom of a 9 x 5 baking dish (loaf dish) with some of the extra whey protein.
- Add the mixture to the dish and press it down to evenly cover the surface.
- Dust the top with the remaining whey protein and put in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Cut evenly into bars.
*NOW items available at your local health food store