Apple Zucchini Flax Pancakes
From Puresource employee Sylvia Finlay
These are light, airy and delicious!
1/3 cup measure, yields 12 pancakes
|1 1/4 cups unbleached flour or 1 cup whole wheat flour|
|1/3 cup milled NOW Real Food® Flax Seed*|
|3 Tbsp. NOW Real Food® Beet Sugar*|
|1 Tbsp. baking powder|
|½ tsp. sea salt|
|¼ tsp. cinnamon|
|1/8 tsp. nutmeg|
|2 eggs, separated, whites stiffly beaten|
|1 1/4 cups milk|
|½ cup shredded apple|
|½ cup shredded zucchini|
|3 Tbsp. NOW Real Food® Extra Virgin Olive Oil*|
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat together egg yokes, milk and oil.
- Add liquid to dry and stir only until combined.
- Shred apple and zucchini add to batter until combined.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Preheat pan to medium heat and lightly grease.
*NOW items available at your local health food store