Cinnamon Spiced Walnuts
Reprinted with permission from Vegetarian Baby & Child, www.vegetarianbaby.com/recipes.shtml
|1 lb. walnuts|
|3 Tbsp. vegetable oil or NOW Real Food® Almond Oil*|
|1 Tbsp. NOW Real Food® Vanilla Extract*|
|1 tsp. cinnamon|
|1/2 cup granulated sugar or NOW Real Food® Sucanat™*|
|1/4 tsp. salt|
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Bring a large pan of water to a boil and blanch walnuts for one minute, then drain well.
- In a small bowl, combine oil and vanilla extract.
- In another bowl, combine the cinnamon, sugar, and salt.
- Transfer nuts to a 9 x 12 inch baking dish and toss with oil and vanilla mixture until evenly coated.
- Sprinkle sugar mixture over the nuts, stirring with a wooden spoon to coat both sides of the nuts.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, stirring once every 10 minutes or so, until nuts are lightly browned, careful not to let them burn.
- Remove from oven and store in a festive cookie tin for serving. They won't last long!
*NOW items available at your local health food store
Rate This Recipe