Mushroom Lemon Chicken
Created by the NOW® Culinary Innovation Team
Gluten- Free & Allergy- Friendly
|¼ cup Living Now® All-Purpose Gluten-Free Flour*|
|½ tsp. salt|
|½ tsp. ground black pepper|
|½ tsp. dried oregano|
|4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves|
|½ cup NOW Real Food® Certified Organic Olive Oil|
|1 cup sliced mushrooms|
|¾ cup chicken stock|
|4 drops BetterStevia® Lemon Twist Liquid|
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Toss together the flour, salt, pepper and oregano until well mixed.
3. Coat chicken pieces in flour mixture.
4. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
5. Gently brown the chicken in the hot oil for 3 to 4 minutes, then add mushrooms to pan and toss gently.
6. Pour chicken stock and BetterStevia® drops over chicken and mushrooms. Bring to quick boil, then turn heat down to simmer.
7. Tightly cover the skillet and place in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
8. Remove chicken to a plate, and replace skillet on burner over high heat. Once remaining liquid is reduced by , pour it over the chicken, along with the mushrooms.