Savory Tofu and Vegetables over Tomato Couscous
Adapted from Vegetarian Times, September, 2007
|1 6-oz. jar marinated artichoke hearts|
|1 14-oz. pkg. extra-firm tofu, drained and cubed|
|1 tsp. ground cumin|
|1 tsp. black pepper, divided|
|2 Tbsp. Ellyndale Organics™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil*|
|4 medium carrots, thinly sliced (1 ½ cups)|
|2 medium leeks, white and light green parts, thinly sliced (1 ½ cups)|
|1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes|
|1 cup NOW Real Food® Organic Whole Wheat Couscous*|
|2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)|
- Combine artichokes and liquid, tofu, cumin, and ¾ tsp. pepper in nonstick skillet.
- Cook over high heat 5 minutes or until liquid evaporates, stirring constantly.
- Transfer to bowl, and set aside.
- Heat oil in same skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add carrots, leeks, and ¼ tsp. pepper.
- Cook 10 minutes, or until carrots are tender and leeks are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, bring tomatoes and liquid and 2/3 cup water to a boil in saucepan.
- Stir in couscous, cover, and remove from heat.
- Let couscous stand 5 minutes, then fluff with fork.
- Add garlic and reserved tofu mixture to vegetable mixture in skillet.
- Cook 3 minutes over medium heat, or until heated through and garlic is fragrant.
- Serve tofu and vegetables over tomato couscous.
Total Fat: 16g
Sat. Fat: 1.5g
*NOW items available at your local health food store