Fruit and Nut Balls
Adapted from Chicago Tribune, Good Eating section, March 17, 2010
This easy candy recipe is adaptable enough to accommodate other add-ins of your choice, such as cornflakes, rice cereal, or other chopped, dried fruit (e.g. dates) or nuts (e.g. pecans) of your choice.
Makes 18 balls
|1/2 cup NOW Real Food® Organic Dried Apricots*|
|1/2 cup NOW Real Food® Almonds*|
|1/3 cup raisins|
|5 ounces white chocolate|
|1/3 cup NOW Real Food® Organic Unsweetened Shredded Coconut*|
- Chop apricots, almonds and raisins very fine or use a food processor.
- Put white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl, and heat 15 seconds on medium power; stir. Repeat until almost melted. Remove and stir until last morsels melt. Cool slightly.
- Stir in chopped fruit, almonds and coconut into white chocolate.
- Form into small balls.
- Put the balls on a wax paper-lined cookie sheet; let set 1 to 2 hours. If mixture seems runny at first, chocolate may have been overheated. Wait for mixture to cool and it will hold together more easily to be rolled into balls.
- Drizzle balls with additional melted white chocolate.
Nutrition Information per piece:
3g fat (2g sat. fat)
*NOW items available at your local health food store
Rate This Recipe