Toasty Cumin Carrots
Adapted from Taste for Life Magazine, November 2009
|1/2 tsp. cumin seeds|
|2 Tbsp. Ellyndale Organics™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil*|
|1 tsp. minced fresh ginger|
|1 1/2 cup peeled and sliced carrots, cut in about 2-inch lengths and about 1/2 –inch thick|
|1/4 tsp. sea salt|
|2 Tbsp. water|
|1 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice|
|1 tsp. NOW Real Food® Organic Maple Syrup*|
- Toast cumin seeds in dry sauté pan over medium heat, shaking pan back and forth until seeds start to pop and become aromatic.
- Immediately add olive oil and ginger, and sauté for one minute.
- Stir in carrots and salt, and turn down heat to medium-low.
- Add water, cover, and cook for about two minutes, until just barely tender.
- Stir in lemon juice and maple syrup.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
1 g protein
6 g carbohydrates
1 g fiber
7 g total fat
108 mg sodium
*NOW items available at your local health food store