Sauteed Spinach with Pine Nuts & Golden Raisins
Adapted from www.foodnetwork.com
Pine nuts and sweet golden raisins brighten up sauteed spinach.
|2 teaspoons NOW Real Food® Extra Virgin Olive Oil*|
|2 tablespoons golden raisins|
|1 tablespoon pine nuts|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 10-ounce bag fresh spinach (see Ingredient note), tough stems removed|
|2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar|
|1/8 teaspoon salt|
|1 tablespoon shaved Parmesan cheese|
|Freshly ground pepper to taste|
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add raisins, pine nuts and garlic; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add spinach and cook, stirring, until just wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in vinegar and salt.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with Parmesan and pepper.
Ingredient note: The sturdier texture of mature spinach stands up better to sauteing than baby spinach and it's a more economical choice. We prefer to serve baby spinach raw.
2g Saturated Fat
5g Monounsaturated Fat
4g Dietary Fiber
*NOW items available at your local health food store