Adapted from www.AllRecipes.com
One of the world’s true super foods, quinoa is a complete protein, containing all 9 essential amino acids. Quinoa is also a great source of fiber, iron, and magnesium.
This colorful quinoa dish is easy to make and is a lighter alternative to rice.
|2 Tbsp. NOW Real Food® Extra Virgin Olive Oil*|
|2 onions, chopped|
|1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped|
|1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped|
|1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped|
|2 cloves garlic, crushed|
|3/4 cup uncooked NOW Real Food® Organic Quinoa*|
|1 1/2 cups vegetable broth or stock|
|1 Tbsp. tomato puree|
|3 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped|
|Italian seasoning, to taste|
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and the red, green and yellow peppers; cook and stir for about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for about 2 more minutes.
- Stir in the quinoa, vegetable stock, and tomato puree.
- Return to a boil, then cover and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes, or until quinoa grains are soft.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes and season with Italian seasoning.
- Cook until heated through, then serve.
Per serving: 282 calories
9.8g total fat
43.6g total carbohydrate
*NOW items available at your local health food store