Couscous with Peas and Feta
Adapted from Southern Living, July 2001
|1 1/2 cups water|
|1 cup uncooked NOW Real Food® Organic Whole Wheat Couscous*|
|1/4 cup NOW Real Food® Extra Virgin Olive Oil*|
|1 tsp. grated lemon rind|
|1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice|
|3/4 tsp. kosher salt|
|3/4 cup frozen sweet green peas, thawed|
|1/4 purple onion, thinly sliced|
|1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese|
|1/4 cup chopped fresh mint|
|2 Tbsp. NOW Real Food® Pine Nuts*|
- Bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat.
- Remove from heat and stir in couscous; let stand 10 minutes.
- Transfer couscous to a large bowl.
- Stir together olive oil, lemon rind, and next 3 ingredients; add to couscous, stirring with a fork.
- Toss peas, sliced onion, crumbled feta and chopped mint gently into couscous; cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- Stir in the pine nuts just before serving.
*NOW items available at your local health food store