Adapted from Delicious Living recipes, www.deliciouslivingmag.com
|6 medium bell peppers, varied colors (choose flat-bottomed ones)|
|1 cup NOW Real Food® Organic Quinoa*|
|2 cups water|
|2 tablespoons NOW Real Food® Extra Virgin Olive Oil*|
|1 small onion, chopped (about 1 cup)|
|1 clove garlic, minced|
|1/4 cup NOW Real Food® Pine Nuts*|
|1 teaspoon ground cumin|
|1 small zucchini, chopped|
|4 ounces spinach leaves, sliced|
|2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano|
|1/4 teaspoon sea salt|
|4 ounces crumbled feta cheese, divided|
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, carefully cut around bell pepper stems to create a hole large enough to remove seeds and ribs. Cut an additional half inch or so off the top; chop these pieces and set aside.
- When water boils, submerge bell peppers and simmer for about 5 minutes, then drain in a large colander, or set upside down on paper towels.
- Combine quinoa and water in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic; stir for 5 minutes.
- Add reserved chopped bell pepper and stir for another 5 minutes.
- Add pine nuts and cumin and stir for 1 minute, then add zucchini, spinach, oregano, and salt; stir for 3 minutes,
- Add cooked quinoa and half the feta cheese.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Set peppers in a large rectangular baking dish coated with cooking spray or lined with parchment paper.
- Fill each pepper with quinoa mixture.
- Sprinkle remaining feta over tops.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Make-ahead tip: Assemble and refrigerate; allow an extra 5-10 minutes for cooking.
*NOW items available at your local health food store
Rate This Recipe