Rigatoni with Green Olives, Almonds, and Asiago Cheese
From NOW employee, Sherri Janes
|1 lb. uncooked rigatoni|
|1 ¼ cups (6 oz.) pitted green olives|
|½ cup NOW Real Food® Raw Almonds*|
|½ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves|
|¼ cup teaspoon freshly ground black pepper|
|1 large garlic clove|
|2 tablespoons water|
|1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar|
|½ cup (2 oz.) grated Asiago cheese|
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Drain pasta, reserving 6 tablespoons cooking liquid.
- Place olives, sliced almonds, flat-leaf parsley leaves, black pepper, and garlic in a food processor; pulse 3 times or until coarsely chopped.
- With processor on, add 2 tablespoons water and 1 teaspoon vinegar through the food chute, processing until mixture is finely chopped.
- Combine pasta, ¼ cup reserved cooking liquid, and olive mixture in a large bowl; toss well. dd enough of remaining 2 tablespoons cooking liquid to make paste mixture moist, tossing well to coat.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Serve immediately.
*NOW items available at your local health food store